The Role of Business in Disaster Response Report
The Role of Business in Disaster Response examines how businesses are utilizing their expertise to help improve community resilience, response and recovery in times of disaster. This report is the first in BCLC's year-long report series "The Role of Business."
Businesses today are reinventing how communities respond to disasters. In the report, companies tell of how in times of disaster they're developing temporary housing solutions for displaced people, creating new information systems to help schools, courts, and hospitals maintain their records, giving urgent supplies to those in need, and much more.
The report features 18 of the foremost corporate thought leaders on disaster response and recovery including Office Depot, Microsoft, Shell, Allstate and IBM.
In addition to the full report PDF, we'll be featuring each article on our BCLCBlog, available here:
- BCLC - Corporate Expertise in Disasters
- Office Depot - Talking About Preparedness: Leave No Stone Unturned
- Citi - Natural Disaster Financial Management: It’s All About Pre-crisis Preparation
- Maryland Emergency Management Agency: Maryland Businesses Get Their Stake in Emergency Response
- Walmart: Public-Private Collaboration: Six Years After Hurricane Katrina
- UPS: How UPS Became a Disaster Response and Recovery Leader Through Their Business Expertise